"WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ!!" -Phish

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

(I Know It's Late) Britain's New Policy

Britain has pushed into legislation its new counterterrorism plans. Here's some of the details:

1.) Anyone who speaks pro-terrorist messages can be kicked out of Britain
2.) Anyone can be held for three months without formal charges being put on them

A necessary step? Yes. Have they gone too far? No. As of right now, I don't doubt Britain's moves facing terrorism. They have been hitting the bullseye with everything. The U.S. has tried to do something with the Patriot Act, but super lefties cried foul. I am a liberal and I didn't care about the Pat Act. If you don't have anything to hide, why should you? Maybe now with the success of the Brits, we can finally crack down on terrorist groups and supporters inside America.

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

We need to see how much success this has in the long run before I think it will have much affect on our own government. But it's going to be fascinating to watch!

8/11/2005 12:42 AM

 
Blogger Warren said...

Its harder for us. The Brits don't have a true constitution.

We need to have a talk about what exactly a liberal, (Liberal), is.

Most Libertarians raise bloody hell over the Patriot Act also.

You may be suprised by what I have to say about being a liberal and the reasons I'm not a liberal.

I'm a bit overwhelmed right now but I should be back to posting shortly if not in large amounts.

8/11/2005 1:17 AM

 
Blogger beakerkin said...

I am sure this will back fire. People like 167 will cry and howl even as bombs go off around them.
Much of the anti zionism and anti Americanism is thinly diguised anti capitalism.

8/13/2005 6:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home