"WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ!!" -Phish

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Warren, You Requested It

My life as a child (under 15) in 50 words or less:

I was born in Staten Island, and moved to NJ. My sisters were born when I was 4. My house was renovated a few years later. I was more social as a kid. I never did many stupid things.

Where were you a kid?

East Brunswick, NJ; it's not my hometown (it is close to here), but during renovations, I lived here for a few months.

Given the choice, were you barefoot or did you wear shoes?

Barefoot. My feet are tough as nails.

Were you a city kid or a country kid?

I live in suburbia, so a bit of both. I like having the open space to play sports. The green around me is always nice to have. Life here is more fast paced than true country though.

The stupidest thing you did before the age of 15:

I am with Warren, pyromania almost did a lot of damage to my friend's house. The two of us were curious. He took some gasoline and a lighter and we went to this little wooded area on the side of his house. He poured some gas on dried pine leaves then lit it. There was a slight wind and we luckily put it out before it spread too far.

Do you know how to play kick the can?

Yes.

What else did you play in groups?

Hockey, football (tackle and two hand touch), basketball, capture the flag, manhunt, bike riding to the convenience store, video games, music.

Worst injury?

I tore ligaments in my ankle when I was 13. I told my mom I couldn't walk and she threatened to take me to the hospital (this was at 11 PM on a Sunday). I stayed home from school and on that Tuesday she took me to the orthopedist. I was using my goalie stick as a crutch- it was the perfect height. She didn't believe it when they said I tore ligaments. I needed a month or two of physical therapy afterwards.

To me though, my broken ring fingers (yes both and multiple times) were really bad. I am a guitarist and it disrupts playing time. They also happened the same way everytime- rebound in basketball.

Do you agree with Bob Seger's line in Against the Wind, (I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then)?

I honestly don't know.

***I WILL BREAK THE CHAIN, NO ONE ELSE IS TAGGED WITH THIS MEME*** I'm Thinking Outside The Box

P.S.- I have a question posted on Nicotine & Rock about theme songs. Go and answer!

5 Comments:

Blogger Warren said...

Boys and fire, a mixture guaranteed to provide 'interesting' events.

;^)

One of the kids down the street once asked me if it was possible to make a bomb out of one of those small CO2 cylinders that power air pistols.

Honestly, I really didn't think he was stupid enough to attach it to his front door! Luckily he didn't rat me out.

Know what you mean about broken fingers. I destroyed the joint in my left index finger. The doctor said that at some point in time, I'm either going to have to have it fused or an artificial joint put in.

1/15/2006 5:53 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

agreed about the fire. i don't know why, but it still fascinates me to this day.

this same friend also got smoke bombs and he once made a homemade fire extinguisher. he spilled it on the grass and there was a dead patch for a little while because of it.

your finger injury sounds bad, although it could be worse.

the first time i broke a finger was in gym class playing basketball. funny thing is i knew it was damaged because it turned blue immediately, yet i finished the game with a few more assists and maybe basket. i didn't realize how crappy life is without even a ring finger until then. now i play more cautiously.

1/18/2006 9:10 PM

 
Blogger Esther said...

Woah, you're back! Awesome. :) And I had a little pyro in me too as a kid. So it ain't just boys. My fascination ended with my apartment fire (gal upstairs started it, not me) eight years ago.

1/22/2006 8:15 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

esther:

nov and dec were busy months, but hopefully i'll be able to post a little more frequently.

pyromania should be enjoyed by everyone, unless there is some bad blood.

1/22/2006 8:29 PM

 
Blogger elmers brother said...

my brother in law and I have made a few grenades out of those c02 cylinders. Whooaaa Nelly!

5/16/2006 11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home