"WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ!!" -Phish

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Expectations

I read on the bottom of CNBC tonight that the Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to confirm John Roberts tomorrow. Personally, I think Roberts meets all the crudentials needed and I have just slight differences on views. The Committee bashed him the entire time, and like in all aspects of politics, made him look bad. He maintained himself however and looks to reap the reward of becoming the next Chief Justice.

I am still open on the online pool for the next nomination.

7 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

LOL about the pool.

The guy seems qualified. After that, I don't really see what they can do?

9/21/2005 11:55 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

esther:

warren and i planned it out as far as we will be doing 2 week cycles. if you want, we can put you in (there is no betting going on, except bragging rights).

9/22/2005 11:14 PM

 
Blogger Esther said...

I wouldn't even know who to guess. But let me know who wins. :)

9/22/2005 11:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

were not guessing the person, just the date the next one gets in. we will have no idea who the nominee is and even if the first one gets in at all.

9/22/2005 11:31 PM

 
Blogger beakerkin said...

I think it will be Gonzales but I am nominating Mr Beamish

9/25/2005 8:31 PM

 
Blogger Warren said...

I think the nomination will be within the next two weeks.

Democrats are already saying there will be a fight if the next canidate is any "less" qualified than John Roberts.

What the hell does that mean?

There have been very few Justices that have been as well qualified as John Roberts and quite a few that, quite frankly, were not qualified to be a dog catcher.

9/28/2005 7:56 PM

 
Blogger Warren said...

We have Nomination!

10/03/2005 8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home